Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big brother's out there joggin', Proud Amy does her bloggin'

A brief midweek update. Here's a shout out to my big brother Chris, who's made the decision to get a little healthier.

I think that ANYONE who makes this choice and makes a concious effort should be applauded and prasied a million times over.

Let me tell you about this guy, though. Biggest heart in the world, and his physique was expanding to match. One day he woke up and said, "Enough's enough" and decided he's make a change. So, he too decided to join Weight Watchers and is already down 10lbs. Skinny Minny!

He told me that he was inspired by my goal to run the marathon, and was intimidated to even start running. I recommended the "Couch to 5K" pod cast. If anyone of my 2 readers is interested, click the link to learn more. Basically it's a program that gives you guidlines to get you off your butt and start moving - follow the training schedule and in 9 weeks, you can run a 5K! It comes equipt with a soundtrack, if you will, to motivate you and help you keep your cadence. And so he's working it - and by the end of the week, he'll be running 20 minutes without stopping! Honestly, it's a major accomplishment and I'm so pround. He's even signed up for his first 5K!

C'mon, people. Harbor your inner Michael Jackson - it's time to get healthy!
I'm gonna make a change for once in my life.
It's gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference, gonna make it right...

No comments:

Post a Comment